Owning a wrap should be easy and pain-free. Adhering to these maintenance/cleaning tips will help maintain the look and longevity of your wrap. Improper maintenance can lead to premature degradation of the graphics, as well as lower the expected life of the film. It is extremely important to follow these guidelines when caring for any vehicle or architectural wrap.
Please read through all of this information to avoid any unnecessary issues or voiding of warranties.
NOTE: Vehicle wraps should not be cleaned at all within the first 48 hours of the wrap being applied. After this initial period, it is recommended to clean your vehicle every two weeks.
Waterless Wash (Preferred Method)
If the vehicle is not overly dirty, the waterless wash is the best method. If the vehicle is extremely dirty, you should handwash it first and follow up with a waterless wash. (See hand washing instructions below)
We recommend using these products:
Using products like these can help maintain the lustre/sheen and performance of the film.
Before using any new products on your wrap, be sure to test them in an inconspicuous area to make sure the product will not damage anything.
Hand washing is ideal for a vehicle with dirt or other residue.
Follow these steps:
1. Pre-rinse: Using a hose, rinse the whole wrap with clean water. This helps remove loose dirt particles and helps avoid scratching the graphics.
2. Wash: Use dish soap and water solution (no solvents!) and a soft micro-fiber towel. Avoid unnecessary scrubbing and rinse away dirt with a clean water flow. Start from the top of the vehicle and work down.
3. Rinse: Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
4. Dry: To avoid water spotting, use a silicone squeegee to remove excess water, and finish drying with a micro-fiber or soft, non-abrasive towel.
5. Do not wax unless you speak with us first. If you have any questions regarding wrap care, please contact us.
Most wraps have a specific sheen or lustre to the surface, and wax may alter that effect. Please contact us before waxing a vehicle wrap!
Excessive water pressure and spraying of water at the wrong angle may create failure points and result in lifting edges on the wrap.
Automatic, brush, and brushless car washes void all Art City warranties!!!